I've never like pie, any kind of pie, until a couple years ago I made homemade apple pie, tried it, and fell in love! Yum! Ever since then I've been making homemade apple pie for Thanksgiving and Christmas. In the spirit of Apple Cup I garnished the pie with Footballs made from extra pie crust… and even though the game didn't turn out how we would have liked I still and always am proud to be a COUG!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
· 2-3 lbs. baking apples, I used a mixture of pippin, granny smith, golden delicious
· 1 cup heavy cream
· ½ brown sugar
· ½ cup sugar
· ½ tbsp. all-purpose flour
· 2 tsp. vanilla
· ¼ tsp. cinnamon
· Pre-made piecrust
· Egg wash- egg and heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 375º.
2. Press bottom crust into pie plate.
3. Peel apples, slice into small even sized pieces.
4. Whisk together heavy cream, brown sugar, sugar, flour, vanilla, and cinnamon.
5. Pour over sliced apples and stir to coat apples.
6. Pour apples into bottom crust, making a mound if necessary.
7. Cover with top crust, flute edges and cut slits to vent. Decorate with piecrust cutouts if desired.
8. Brush with egg wash.
9. Cover edges loosely with foil to keep from burning.
10. Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake for 15 more minutes.
*this pie is originally adapted from Pioneer Women
Thanks for coming! xoxo