- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lemon Bundt Cake
2 ¾ cups
1-tsp baking powder
1-tsp kosher salt
1¼ cups butter
3 cups sugar
⅓ cup melted butter- cooled
4 large lemons- just the zest
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup heavy cream
⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
½ cup (100g) sugar
1 cup powder sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 tbsp. heavy cream
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter and flour Bundt pan.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt until well mixed.
3. In the bowl of your stand mixer cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice.
5. Turn mixer down to low and beat in the eggs, one at a time, until just incorporated.
6. Mix in ¼ of the flour mixture at a time until just combined.
7. In a clean cool bowl, whip the cream until soft peaks form.
8. Stir in about 1/4 of the whipped cream into the batter, and then fold in the remaining whipped cream. Pour into the prepared Bundt pan.
9. Drop the pan above the counter to knock out any bubbles.
10.Bake on the middle oven rack for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean near the center.
11.Allow to cool for 10 minutes and then loosen the cake by knocking it against the counter. Invert the cake onto a serving platter.
1. Stir together lemon juice and sugar over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
2. Brush on the hot cake until all of the glaze is absorbed.
1. Whisk together powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy cream. Add more sugar or heavy cream depending on the consistency.
2. Pour over cooled cake and let harden.* this recipe is adapted from whiteonricecouple.com