Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Birthday Cupcake Order


A couple days ago a friend of mine from High School asked me to make some cupcakes for her Boss' birthday. She wanted vanilla cupcakes with vanilla frosting so I decided to use this recipe which is my favorite go to vanilla cupcake and buttercream. Not quite as easy as these, but when I'm filling an order I like to do everything from scratch! 


She told me her Boss' favorite colors were purple and teal so I used my Americolor Food Colors to tint the frosting to those colors! I love using White Pearl Candy Beads I think they dress up a cupcake and tend to look better than just sprinkles. 





I needed to be able to transport these about 10 miles, already decorated, so I melted some white chocolate and used it as "glue" to keep the cupcakes in their place in the box so that I wouldn't end up with any tipped over or smushed! I like to use white chocolate on white boxes because I think it looks nicer when the cupcakes are taken out then milk chocolate does. 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Vanilla Cake/Cupcakes and Buttercream

Ingredients

Cupcakes:
2 cups sugar
1 cup butter
4 eggs
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
3 cups flour- sifted
3½ tsp. baking powder
1 cup milk
cup heavy cream 

Vanilla Buttercream:
1 cup butter
4-5 cups powdered sugar- sifted
1 tbsp. vanilla extract
3-4 tbsp. heavy cream

Directions

Cupcakes:
1.    Preheat oven to 350º, line cupcake pans with paper liners.
2.    In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3.    Add eggs one at a time, being sure to mix well after each addition.
4.    In a separate bowl whisk together flour and baking powder.
5.    With mixer on low slowly add flour mixture to butter, mix well.
6.    Add milk and heavy cream and beat on medium until well incorporated.
7.    Divide batter between cups, place pan in oven and immediately turn it down to 325º. Bake 15-20 minutes.

Buttercream:
1.    In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until smooth.
2.    With mixer on low, add powdered sugar, once incorporated beat on medium.
3.    Beat in vanilla extract.
4.    Beat in heavy cream using only amount necessary to reach the desired consistency.
5.    Using food coloring, tint frosting to desired colors.

Thanks for coming, stay awhile, and return often! xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment