Thursday, August 15, 2013

Super Easy Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes



There is nothing better than a fluffy, moist vanilla cupcake--especially when they are super easy to make! And let me tell you, yumm! These are just that! Starting with a box mix makes these so easy and yet they are delicious and don't have the taste or texture of a normal box mix cupcake!


These whipped up to be a nice thick batter so I once again used my cookie scoop to fill the cups. The cookie scoop I bought was like $8 or $9 dollars and it is by far one of the best "tools" I've ever bought! It is so convenient and so much cleaner than trying to spoon batter from the bowl to each cup and trying to make them even! 



I tend to bake my vanilla cupcakes a little longer than I would another flavor because I like when they get golden brown and slightly crisp on top... but definitely watch them closely, they can quickly go from deliciously golden brown to disgustingly burnt. 


Although chocolate, strawberry, or some other flavor buttercream or cream cheese frosting can be tasty, I LOVE vanilla buttercream on vanilla cupcakes. Call me plain jane if you must, but it is simply divine! 



Super Easy Perfect Vanilla Cupcakes

Ingredients

Cupcakes:
1 box of vanilla cake mix
3 eggs
½ cup melted butter-cooled
¾ cup milk
¼ cup heavy cream

Frosting:
1 can of buttercream
1 tsp. vanilla
1-2 tbsp. heavy cream
3-4 cups powdered sugar-sifted

Directions

Cupcakes:
1.     Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2.     Add cake mix, eggs, butter, milk and heavy cream to the bowl of your stand mixer.
3.     Beat on medium for 2-3 minutes, scraping bowl as needed.
4.     Divide between cups, about full.
5.     Place pans in oven and immediately turn the oven down to 325ยบ. Bake for 16-20 minutes, turning half way through if needed.
Frosting:
1.     Add buttercream, vanilla and heavy cream to stand mixer.
2.     Beat on medium until well mixed.
3.     Add powder sugar until desired consistency.



No comments:

Post a Comment