S'mores have become so trendy, haven't they? I mean really, there is s'mores recipes and ideas everywhere. I have even done a S'mores Cupcake previously…oh and they were delicious! We were going to make actual s'mores the other day by roasting marshmallows in the backyard in our fire pit so we ran to the store and got the necessities. (Please notice the 3 missing Hershey's bars from the package, I have a chocolate their in my house!) So we got all the stuff and then we all wimped out and decided it was too cold outside and never made them… so I decided to use what I had to make these S'mores bars! Graham cracker crust, brownie in the middle and topped with a toasted marshmallow! Yum!
I made a traditional graham cracker crust, crushed graham cracker, butter, and sugar.
You could use graham cracker crumbs or just make your own!
Stir it all up and it should clump slightly, if its still too dry to clump add more butter.
Press it into a pan fully lined with parchment paper and then cook it for 8-10 minutes. I like to fully cover the pan because it makes for super easy removal and clean up.
For the chocolate part of the S'mores I decided to go with a brownie, I chose to use melted chocolate instead of cocoa and it turned out really good!
First you melt the heavy cream, sugar, and butter together until it boils and then add the chocolate and stir while it melts. Next temper the eggs and then add the vanilla.
Next mix the dry and wet ingredients until just mixed.
Pour it over the graham cracker crust and put it in the oven.
After the brownie is baked add the marshmallows and turn on your broiler.
Broil until just lightly browned and then use a spoon to flatten each marshmallow out.
Let them cool before you cute them.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -S’mores Bars
18 graham crackers
2 cups white sugar
14 oz. melted butter
½ cup white sugar
2 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. heavy cream
3 Hershey’s Bars (chopped)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
⅔ cup flour
¼ tsp. baking soda
1. Heat oven to 350º. Line 9x13 pan with parchment paper.
2. Crush graham crackers into crumbs.
3. Mix butter, sugar, and graham crackers.
4. Press into the bottom of 9x13 pan.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes.
1. Turn oven down to 325º.
2. Melt sugar, butter and heavy cream over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil.
3. Remove from the heat and stir in chopped up Hershey’s bars.
4. Temper eggs and add vanilla. Mix well.
5. Sift flour and baking soda together.
6. Add flour and chocolate mixtures together, mixing until just incorporated.
7. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
1. Turn on broiler.
2. Put marshmallows on brownie and broil until just browned.
3. Take out of oven and use spoon to flatten out marshmallows.
4. Cut up brownies and garnish with left over graham cracker crust.