In my house we love asparagus.. I mean like love. It's one of our faves.
First, I wash it and then break off the ends. You could cut them, but it's really not necessary. It's super easy to break the ends off and they break where they naturally need to. You don't need to wait for them to dry, just throw them in a large enough bowl to hold them all.
I use olive oil, onion powder, garlic powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper to season mine before cooking. You could really season them with whatever you like but this is a delicious mix!
Drizzle some olive oil, usually a couple tablespoons, over them and then toss them with some tongs to make sure they're all coated.
Next add the different types of seasonings.
And toss them again to coat evenly.
To make clean up super easy I line my cookie sheets with foil.
Drizzle the foil with olive oil.
Next spread the asparagus out as even as possible.
Pop them in the oven and cook them for 15-20 minutes.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
1-2 bunches of asparagus
2-3 tbsp. of olive oil
2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp. onion powder
1 tbsp. seasoned salt
2-3 tsp. black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450º. Wash and break off ends.
2. Place them in a bowl big enough to hold them. Drizzle with olive oil and toss them to coat evenly.
3. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, seasoned salt, and black pepper. Toss them to coat evenly.
4. Line baking sheet with foil. Drizzle foil with olive oil.
5. Spread asparagus evenly between 1-2 pans.
6. Cook for 15-20 minutes depending on the thickness of the asparagus.