Tuesday, October 29, 2013

White Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream


First of all, please excuse my pictures! Someone who was "helping" me in the kitchen managed to knock 2/3 of my cupcakes off the counter and onto the floor. Let's just say I wasn't a happy camper. These cupcakes are seriously so good and I just could not believe 16 of them were now dead. done for. gone. It really was tragic. But anyways... 


To make things easy I started with a cake mix, now you could do it without a cake mix, but why do that when it was so easy?!



I not only melted and mixed in the white chocolate chips but also added some that got mixed into the batter whole. 


I just used a spoon and mixed them into the batter as best as I could and then threw them in the oven. 


I don't have a picture of them coming out of the oven because I'm a knucklehead and forgot to take one! 


I decided to make a buttercream and mix in melted white chocolate chips, make sure your chocolate is as cool as possible so it doesn't just melt the buttercream. 


Since these were all that was left I added a little frosting and made some homemade caramel to add to the top. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
White Chocolate Cupcakes with White Chocolate Buttercream

Ingredients

Cupcakes:
1 box mix
3 eggs
¾ cups heavy cream
¼ milk
½ cup butter, melted and cooled
1 bag of white chocolate chips

­Frostings:
½ cup of butter, softened
1-2 cups of powdered sugar
3-4 tbsp. of heavy cream
½ cup white chocolate chips, melted and cooled

Directions

Cupcakes:
1.     Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2.     Place most of the white chocolate chips in the bowl and melt in the microwave at 30 second intervals, stirring well after each 30 seconds until melted and smooth. Set aside to cool.
3.     Add mix, eggs, heavy cream, milk, and butter to bowl of your stand mixer and beat on medium for 2 minutes.
4.     Add melted white chocolate and mix well.
5.     Divide batter between pans and then divide remaining white chocolate chips between cupcakes. Stir to combine.
6.     Place in oven and immediately turn down to 325ยบ.
7.     Bake for 18-22 minutes.

Frosting:
1.     Beat butter until fluffy.
2.     Add powdered sugar and heavy cream, mix well.
3.     Stir in melted chocolate. 



Thanks for coming, stay awhile, and return often! xoxo 

No comments:

Post a Comment