Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween Marble Cupcakes


These cupcakes were made for a Halloween potluck my bff was having at work. I decided to do a vanilla chocolate "marble" cupcake which would allow me to do both orange and black cake.


I started with a box mix and then separated it in two, one half I made orange and the other black.





I added cocoa powered and black americolor gel in order to get a strong black color and not a grey.


The vanilla I just turned into orange with a little orange americolor gel. 


I started by placing a small scoop or orange cake in the pans.


Then I added some chocolate.


And topped them off with more orange.



They baked up to be a nice orange and black color!





I decided to go with a strong orange colored vanilla buttercream and black pearls.







Try them out and let me know what you think! 



I look from the inside.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
Halloween Marble Cupcakes

Ingredients

Cupcakes:
1 box mix
3 eggs
¾ cups heavy cream
¼ milk
½ cup butter, melted and cooled
¼ cup cocoa powder
Orange food coloring
Black food coloring

­Frostings:
Orange food coloring

Directions

Cupcakes:
1.     Heat oven to 350º. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2.     Add mix, eggs, heavy cream, milk, and butter to bowl of your stand mixer and beat on medium for 2 minutes.
3.     Divide batter in half, add cocoa and black food coloring to half and mix well.
4.     Add orange food coloring to the other half and mix well.
5.     Divide batter between pans, alternating between orange and black batter.
6.     Place in oven and immediately turn down to 325º.
7.     Bake for 18-22 minutes.

Frosting:
  1. Make frosting, add orange food coloring and mix well.




Thanks for coming, stay awhile, and return often! xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment