Short post tonight and I apologize in advance for the picture quality/lack of pictures. I was rushing and multitasking because I was trying to make and get dinner ready at the same time.... I don't recommend that! The other day I was thinking about a new flavor/idea to try and I was thinking about ice cream flavors... ice cream flavors are usually great cupcake flavors! Now, personally, I am not a mint chocolate chip fan but I know others are and so I decided to go with it!
I made a chocolate cupcake with chopped up Andes mints mixed in to get the minty flavor throughout the cupcake but keeping the chocolate as the stronger flavor of the cake.
The chocolate cupcakes turned out great and the candy melted nicely into the batter!
I used mint extract and a little green food gel for the frosting and mixed in mini chocolate chips at the end to get a good minty chocolate flavor!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mint Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
2 cups sugar
1¾ cups all-purpose flour- sifted
¾ cup Hershey's cocoa
1½ tsp. baking soda
1½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
½ cup vegetable oil
2 tsp. vanilla
1 cup boiling water
30-40 chopped up Andes Mints
1 can buttercream
¼ tsp. mint extract
4-6 cups powder sugar- sifted
2-3 tbsp. heavy cream
Green food coloring (if desired)
¾ bag of mini chocolate chips
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line cupcake pan with paper liners.
2. In the bowl of your stand mixer stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
3. Add eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla; beat on medium for 2 minutes (until well mixed).
4. Stir in boiling water until batter is mixed (it will be a runny consistency).
5. Divide batter between cups, filling them about ⅔ full.
6. Divide and add chopped up Andes mints between cupcakes.
7. Place pans in oven and immediately turn oven down to 325º. Bake for 20-25 minutes, turning half way if your oven (like mine) doesn’t cook evenly.
1. Add buttercream, mint extract, green food gel (if desired) and heavy cream to stand mixer.
2. Beat on medium until well mixed.
3. Add powder sugar until desired consistency.
4. Fold in mini chocolate chips.
Thanks for coming, stay awhile, and return often. xoxo